When Adobe InDesign posted this infographic on their Facebook page yesterday, I had to read more about what my handwriting means! For those of you that don't know, InDesign is the program that I (and nearly all) graphic designers use for creating flyers, brochures, handouts, magazines and more.
|Photo courtesy of National Pen Company|
The infographic, featured on Creative Bloq, talks about graphology, the study of handwriting.
The blog suggests using your own handwriting as inspiration for different fonts in your designs, and says this -
"If you're looking for a completely original typography design, you need look no further than your own handwriting. Completely unique to you, handwriting can apparently indicate a staggering 5,000 different personality traits, and even reveal information on health."
So there I was, writing sentences that use all 26 letters ... multiple times. I wanted to show you all my "super cool" handwriting. Instead, I went with how I usually write, not perfect but still pretty legible.
So what I can deduct from the infographic -
1. My letters are large. I am outgoing, people-oriented, outspoken & love attention. BINGO.
2. Wide spacing between my words. I enjoy my freedom and don't like to be overwhelmed or over-crowded. Yep.
3. My letters are rounded and often connected. I am artistic and creative, as well as logical, systematic and make decisions carefully. I'd like to think so.
4. The dot over my i is high above it. I have a great imagination. Aw shucks!
5. Long crosses on my t. I am determined & enthusiastic. You betcha.
6. Heavy pressure on the pen. I am good with commitment and taking things seriously. All the time.
There's just some of my results. Some were hard to decide, so I think I'll leave that up to a professional. Thanks to the National Pen Company for putting together this interesting information!
What does your handwriting say about you?
Until next time,